Leading the Way in Classroom Technology Integration
See how one of our Leadership Showcase Schools integrates FrontRow with other classroom technologies!
FrontRow sound systems have often been called the 'invisible heroes' in today’s classrooms – and for good reason. While the benefits of properly dispersed, enhanced audio might not be instantly visible, their impact on student achievement is huge!
FrontRow Leadership Showcase Schools are schools across Canada that already know the benefits of FrontRow – and excitedly share these benefits with neighouring schools and educational peers. As technology innovators, they are using their FrontRow systems for more than just sound dispersion. They are also integrating them with other classroom technologies to support collaborative learning. In return, FrontRow Leadership Showcase Schools are seen as leaders in their communities and often receive positive media attention because of it.
If you’re passionate about FrontRow and about making education more inclusive, the FrontRow Leadership Showcase School Program could be for you! Learn more about it below.
Q. What is a FrontRow Leadership Showcase School?
A. A FrontRow Leadership Showcase School is a school that:
- Uses FrontRow systems to help foster more inclusive classrooms
- Is always looking for new ways of integrating FrontRow with other classroom technologies to promote collaborative learning
- Is a recognized technology leader in its community/school board
- Wants other schools to experience the benefits of FrontRow
Q. What does being a FrontRow Leadership Showcase School entail?
A. If selected to be a FrontRow Leadership Showcase School, you will:
- Be asked to host at least one “Leadership Showcase School Event” (typically 3-4 hours in length) annually. A number of principals and school board officials will be invited to your school to see FrontRow in action and to learn more about classroom technology integration
- Continue to be an ongoing reference site for FrontRow for periodic visitations by influential people in the education industry
- Maintain an updated log of visitors exposed to your FrontRow systems with a guestbook provided by FrontRow
- Post the FrontRow Leadership Showcase School logo on your school’s website with a link to FrontRow’s website (www.gofrontrow.com).
- Hang the FrontRow Leadership Showcase School plaque in your school
Q. How do I know if my school is well suited to being a FrontRow Leadership Showcase School?
A. In order to be considered for this program, your:
- School needs to have a large number of installed FrontRow systems
- Principal needs to be very well connected in his/her own school district and thought of as a technology leader
- FrontRow systems need to be working trouble-free
- Teachers need to be enthusiastic about using FrontRow systems and (ideally) be able to integrate them with other classroom technologies (i.e. interactive whiteboards, laptops, etc.)
- School needs to be accessible for others to attend any FrontRow Leadership Showcase School events
- School staff needs to be excited to host and show off their technology integration to others, including members of the media (television/newspaper)
Q. What’s in it for my school?
A. The benefits of being a FrontRow Leadership Showcase School are many, and include:
- The opportunity to showcase your school to your peers and community as a leading-edge, high-performance school
- In-house professional development for your staff
- The opportunity to motivate, recognize and reward your teaching staff for ongoing efforts of teaching excellence
- National recognition as a FrontRow Leadership Showcase School of Excellence (including having your school’s logo on FrontRow’s corporate website)
- Receiving product applications and new product releases prior to others in the educational sector
- Being considered as a beta test site for any new FrontRow technology
Q. I’m interested in hosting a FrontRow Leadership Showcase School Event, but wouldn’t know where to start with the planning. Does FrontRow help with this?
A. Absolutely. All we ask is that you help provide the invitation list and event facility (your school), and we will oversee the rest – from creating and sending out invitations, to planning the itinerary, to ordering food, and more. A FrontRow rep in your area will work hand-in-hand with you to ensure the event is a huge success.
Q. What if I don’t already have FrontRow systems in my school but want to try one?
A. We offer a free, 45-day trial of our products, which is a great opportunity to experience FrontRow first-hand. Simply call us at 1-800-340-9894 to learn more about this great offer.
Q. I’m interested in becoming a FrontRow Leadership Showcase School. What’s my next step?
A. Call us at 1-800-340-9894 and we’ll answer any further questions you may have about the program or help get you started.
The following schools are proud FrontRow Leadership Showcase Schools. Click on each link to learn more about them:
Forestview Public School — Niagara Falls, ON more » « less
Principal: Todd Bright
About Forestview: Forestview is a state-of-the-art K-8 school housing 18 classrooms and approximately 490 students. In 2008, Principal Todd Bright incorporated FrontRow sound systems in an effort to help boost student achievement and to foster improved technology integration. Later that year, he also held a FrontRow Leadership Showcase School Event to introduce neighbouring schools to the benefits of classroom sound dispersion.
Joyce Public School — Toronto, ON more » « less
Principal: Roula Skordakis
About Joyce Public: Joyce Public is a K-6 school nestled in the heart of Toronto. It has a diverse population of 320 students, with approximately 65% of these students being ESL learners. Every classroom is equipped with a FrontRow sound system, which makes hearing, learning, and language development easier for all. Joyce Public is also part of the Toronto District School Board's Models Schools for Inner Cities Initiative.
Lawfield Elementary School — Hamilton, ON more » « less
Principal: Gisele Portelance
About Lawfield: In 2005, a tornado struck the old Lawfield school, causing severe damage to its structure. The new Lawfield opened in December 2007 as a K-8 school. Today, Lawfield is home to 820 students, and its French Immersion program runs from SK to grade 5. Lawfield is designed to provide a state-of-the-art academic setting, which includes FrontRow systems in every class.
Queen Mary Community School — Prince Albert, SK
more » « less
Principal: Mark Hastings
About Queen Mary: Queen Mary is a K-8 school serving approximately 350 students and their families. As part of the Saskatchewan Rivers School Division, Queen Mary’s core focus is on higher literacy and achievement, equitable opportunities, and smooth transitions. It uses classroom technologies like FrontRow sound systems to support 21st Century learning.
Sir Adam Beck Junior School — Toronto, ON more » « less
Principal: Nardaya Dipchand
Key Technology Contact: Timothy Gard
About Sir Adam Beck: Sir Adam Beck is a dual-track English/French immersion JK-5 school. One of the school’s key focuses is integrating technology into the curriculum – such as FrontRow sound systems and SMART boards. Sir Adam Beck is also unique in terms of its setting – being part of the local Alderwood Centre. The school has access to the Alderwood pool and the skating rink on-site, and shares the school library with the Toronto Public Library.
Ecole Grosvenor Wentworth Park School — Halifax, NS more » « less
Principal: Lynn Corkum
About Ecole Grosvenor: Ecole Grosvenor is a dual-track French immersion and English school that uses FrontRow Lasso systems in its elementary classes to help promote better hearing and understanding, which are both crucial to language development. Ecole Grosvenor also uses the FrontRow student pass-around microphones, which have been shown to boost participation and build confidence for shy and quiet kids.
Millgrove School — Spruce Grove, AB more » « less
Principal: Gail Ferguson
About Millgrove: Millgrove is an Early Years school that services approximately 480 K-4 students. It prides itself on inclusion for all, and uses a wide range of classroom technologies (including FrontRow audio) to help support this. As one of three SMART schools in Alberta, Millgrove regularly integrates its FrontRow systems with interactive whiteboards. Teachers are supported by ongoing staff development and technology training in order to provide the best education possible for their kids.
"Many of our teachers use this [FrontRow] technology on a regular basis, enjoying the numerous possibilities that it provides from enhancing the sound of their voice, supporting students with hearing needs, supporting the use of music or sound recordings, to lessening stress on the vocal cords."—Gisele Portelance
"In a world of increasing technology and information, the ability to hear is critical for many to succeed. Having sound field in our classroom has created an environment that allows students to hear and be heard regardless of where they are in the room. The power of this technology has created significant improvement to communicate in our classes."—Steve Wigglesworth
"Using classroom amplification benefits all. It engages students in their learning and creates less stress on teacher’s voice. The ability to listen and hear is so important. This product has been shown to close the achievement gap."—Janice Agnew
St. Catharines, ON
"Even the youngest children are able to articulate that it’s easier for them to hear the teacher. I see the children physically sit back in their chairs, knowing they’re not going to have to struggle to hear what the teacher says."—Anna Crosland
"When teachers have to raise their voices to be heard, the individual speech sounds are usually not enunciated as clearly. Using a FrontRow system typically provides improvements in spelling and language development because students can better discriminate between the different sounds when the teacher speaks in a calm voice at normal levels."—Leslie Bennett
"It’s not just a matter of volume – it’s a matter of clarity. The FrontRow system is so effective, it’s like having a teacher beside you all day."—Andre Paquette
"It’s now our goal to get a system in every classroom."—Tom Hazzard
Prince Albert, SK
"At first, I was not convinced that a classroom sound system would be necessary in a junior classroom and could be used within our collaborative framework. However, once it was installed, it literally opened up the world to my students. My classroom became accessible for all. In addition to using the system so my students could hear me from anywhere in the room, we connected it to our classroom computer and projector and were immersed in a rich multimedia environment."—Mali Bickley
There are no events currently scheduled. Please check back here later.
Are you passionate about your FrontRow systems and how they support inclusive, collaborative learning? Then call us at 1-800-340-9894 to learn how you can share your message and influence educational peers as a FrontRow Leadership Showcase School!